Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Love Truth!

From the time my children were born, I had a heart to "train them up in the way they should go", however, I didn't always know how to do that.  God has been so gracious to me over the years to bring "Titus 2 women" into my life who were "down the road" from where I was in my child training.  These women have been instrumental in keeping me on the narrow path and teaching me what it means to be a godly mother in today's culture.

A few years ago, at a Wholehearted Mother's Conference here in Colorado, I looked at the moms at my table and, as we shared about our families, I couldn't help but notice that I was becoming an "older woman", according to the Scriptures.  My children were 16, 14, 13 and 11 at the time.  All of the women at the table pretty much had only toddlers.  They were all asking me questions about having teenagers, what were my children like and lots of questions on discipline.  It was then that I began to pray about having a Titus 2 ministry.

Three years later and I am leading a MomHeart group here in Morrison with about 6 moms and a total of 14 children between all of those moms.  My wonderful friend, Lorrie Langemann, co-leads with me.  She is my "Titus 2" women and we balance each other in leading the group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! Teach, lead and inspire us :)